Re: Color screen captures

Subject: Re: Color screen captures
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 10:15:23 -0700

At 10:04 AM 5/8/96 -0400, Catherine McNair wrote:
>Thanks for all your suggestions so far for working with color screen
>captures that are to be printed in black and white. But just to address Sue
>Gallagher's question about this statemen of mine:
[snip]
>By "chunky" I meant that my file size has greatly increased with the
>addition of color graphics. Going from 2 colors to 16 means much bigger Word
>files. I was just wondering if any other graphics file format would produce
>good results without being quite so big.

Oh, OK. Well, I'm not sure if greyscale would be any smaller than
16 color, but you can try. One thing, though... I'd advise against
presenting your Windows 3D sceenshots in b&w. This, IMO, always
looks cobby -- like you were either too lazy to take the time
to make it look good or too cheap to have it printed in hi-rez.
Since you sure don't fit either category, you might just as well
resign yourself to the larger image size. ;-)

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.