Re: Color screen captures

Subject: Re: Color screen captures
From: Averil Strauss <averil -at- LEGENDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:12:36 -0400

>1. What dialog box color scheme produces the best printed results?

>2. Should I convert the 256-color graphics to 16 color? To grayscale? To
>dithered monochrome?

Our company developed a software package to solve this problem.
Unfortunately, it uses the capabilities of Level 2 PostScript. Since Unisys
has laid claim to the patent for LZW compression and demands a hefty fee, we
are not selling the product. As a highly niche piece of software, we have no
expectation of recouping the one-time fee for incorporating this technology.

If anyone at Unisys reads this and has influence, so that we could simply
pay a fee per copy sold, please reply.

The software works beautifully to solve your problem.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net