Re: printing odd page sequences in Word

Subject: Re: printing odd page sequences in Word
From: Averil Strauss <averil -at- LEGENDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 12:24:26 -0400

>Eric Brown asked:
><snip>> >The page size is exactly half a legal-size page. They print two
pages per
>> >legal page, sideway, on a laser printer, then photocopy two-sided, then
>> >slice the stack down the middle and bind with a plastic spiral coil.
>> >
>> >What this comes down to is that they want to print odd sets of facing
>> >pages; if the book were 8 pages, say, they'd want to print page 1 and 8 on
>> >one legal page, then 2 and 7 and so on.

><snip>

>A cheaper option is to purchase ClickBook from Bookmaker. This cheap
>(like maybe $50 USD) utility allows you to create your documents as
>normal, and then print out two up so that they pages match up
>correctly when bound as a book/booklet.

>Let me know if you need more info. I use this utility all the time
>with 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" booklets, and I'm sure there is no reason it
>wouldn't work for the legal size pages you need. This option is a lot
>more viable, also, if you are not using DocuTech systems.

Glad to hear it works for you, Sue. We get a lot of calls from people for
whom it didn't. Primary complaints (some may have been fixed) seem to be
that it only handles 132 pages, that it dies if pages are too complex, that
it takes too long, and that your program must use the standard Windows
drivers. I have no idea if it has been updated for Windows 95 or NT. On the
positive side, you don't need a PostScript printer.

I guess the sum of the previous is, "Call us if Clickbook doesn't work!".
Or, of course, if you have files from other platforms, like a Macintosh or
Script/VS on a mainframe. Or if you need to put more than 2 pages on a
sheet. Or if the document is long.

Happy printing to all and sundry
Averil
(By the way, anyone want to admit to being "sundry"?

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net