Re: Labeling software for CD-ROMs?

Subject: Re: Labeling software for CD-ROMs?
From: Averil Strauss <averil -at- LEGENDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 11:04:38 -0400

>Does anybody know of a Windows software package that would be good for
producing
>labels for both CDs (round) and jewel boxes (square)?

>One of our development teams is now issuing the product on CD-ROM, but the
>volumes are too low and the changes too frequent to consider having labels
>commercially printed at this time.

Have you considered ordering a rubber stamp? They make them all sizes, and
the small amount of ink is unlikely to unbalance the CD or stick up the
drive. You could even buy two, for two color work (unregistered!).

Don't forget a label for the "spine" of the jewel case. Finding the right
one without the spine label is an annoyance you want to spare any customers.

Also, for the slip-in cover, may I suggest a _small_ booklet with basic
installation instructions? If the product is worth $100 or more, find a
service bureau with a color printer and have the front printed in color.
Yes, you can print on both sides of the sheet on most color lasers. Canon
even sells a duplexing unit for their CLC line.

Have fun.
Averil
Legend Communications, Inc.
Makers of PostScript and Imposition Software

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net