Re: Windows Screen Saver Password

Subject: Re: Windows Screen Saver Password
From: Mike Bygrave <bygravem -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 16:42:34 +-100

> I recently inherited a 486 machine. The person who previously used
> the machine is no longer with the company but had set a password on
> the screen saver in control panel of windows.

Barbara,

What happens if you use a different screen saver? If you install a =
non-Microsoft saver (from any cover disk, for instance) and then set the =
password option for that screen saver, the password you set should be =
entirely separate from the original screen saver. That should tide you =
over until you can find someone clever who knows how to break the =
password option on the original screen saver.

Good luck.

Mike Bygrave (bygravem -at- intuitive -dot- co -dot- uk)
Technical Author - Intuitive Systems Ltd.
http://www.intuitive.co.uk
"1966 was a great year for English football - Eric Cantona was born."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net