Call for Information Designers

Subject: Call for Information Designers
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 15:55:24 -0400

Technical Communication is about to undergo a thorough redesign.

recommendations, STC's journal, Technical Communication, will get a new
face next year. I will issue a Request for Proposals for the new design
in about a week.

To give the RFP the widest possible circulation, I need some help from

1. If you have experience designing journals or similar publications,
please respond to the address below with your name, e-mail address, and
snail mail address, and I will send you a copy of the RFP when it is
published. Please indicate whether or not you are a member of STC so I
will know whether you need a sample issue of the current journal to
prepare your proposal.

2. If you know one or more individuals or design firms with journal
design experience, please send their names, e-mail addresses, and snail
mail addresses, as well as STC membership information to my address
below.

3. If anyone knows of a listserve for information designers, please send
information about it and the name/contact information of its owner to me
at the address below.

Please note: STC membership is not a requirement for the successful
proposer on this redesign project. I have requested membership
information simply to know whether potential proposers need sample
copies of the journal to prepare their proposals, to control the mailing
costs for the RFP.

Thanks for your help.

--George Hayhoe, Editor
Technical Communication