Re: Modifying Word default heading styles w/ autonumbering

Subject: Re: Modifying Word default heading styles w/ autonumbering
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 15:09:00 MST

Susan Zimmerman posted a question about auto numbering paragraphs in MS
Word. I know this is considered off topic for this list, but I just want
to say that I'll be interested in any answers that people provide. While
I don't have the exact same problem Susan is experiencing, I'm having a
similar problem. I want auto-numbered subparagraphs to look like this:

a. text text kdkdls lsjfwoeijn ;jjvej vnw jjcnvrehw ngv;ih3whckn
ekheh dhf vrhwh dkhfwi nvfdhg rh n. hn;hfnv;rjt env;eh ;h dnr . g r;ghh
fh .

And Word is insisting on formatting them like this:

a. text text kdkdls lsjfwoeijn ;jjvej vnw jjcnvrehw ngv;ih3whckn
ekheh dhf vrhwh dkhfwi nvfdhg rh n. hn;hfnv;rjt env;eh.

(The above resembles a hanging indent, in case my manual spacing doesn't
come through okay over email.)

So that's my problem. (Word 7.0)

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net