Checkered Graphics

Subject: Checkered Graphics
From: Virginia Lawrence <vlawrence -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 09:18:22 -0700

Carla asked:

>When I print the image, the scroll bar comes out checkered gray and
>white.

Isn't that annoying? That's a Moire pattern.

Since you are printing in gray scale, you don't need 256 colors.

Step 1. Try setting the Windows Control Panel Display Properties Appearance
to High Contrast White. Be sure to set your scren capture program to save
the file as a gray scale. That should remove the problem. This method will
also create smaller graphics, smaller doc files, and faster printing times.

Step 2. If you still see the pattern, stop resizing the graphics within the
document. Find a way to use the graphics at 100% or 200% of original size.
If that is too restrictive, there are rules of thumb for resizing in
proportion to your monitor resolution. Although those methods work with some
monitors, I have not found them to apply across the board.
Regards,
Virginia

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net