Developing a class with "tips" to improve on-line help

Subject: Developing a class with "tips" to improve on-line help
From: "Ramsey, Stephanie" <sbt4 -at- ORKAND -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 10:03:00 EST

To all:
I am currently developing a 1-2 night in-house class for our technical
writers on improving their on-line help. I would like the benefit of your
thoughts, input and experience as to the items to focus on in the class.

The majority of our writers work on small teams that consist of 2-4
developer's and one writer. The writer is responsible for all written and
on-line help / documentation.
Windows 3.1 and Win95 are the major platforms with Robohelp the most used
tool.

So as to not clutter up the list please send your questions and replies to
me personally.

I really appreciate any and all of your help!

Thanks,
Stephanie Ramsey
The Orkand Corporation

SBT4 -at- ORKAND -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV