Re: Screen Capture

Subject: Re: Screen Capture
From: John Feld <johnfeld -at- ARTNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 08:59:59 -0000

>3. Change to b/w (the paper version only):
>Change the mode from color to grayscale. May be you need to adjust the
>brightness and/or the contrast at this time. Then change the mode to bitmap
>(black and white), -use the Diffusion Dither option.

If you wish to have these screen grabs or captures in color, change them to Indexed color, usually 4 bit is adequate for documentation uses, as the grabs are usually not photos.
I recomend TIF always, and of course GIF/JPEG for web uses. There are now filters that can add transparency directly in Photoshop on the PC and the Mac. Some of these are shareware and are available online.