Re: Revision Dates

Subject: Re: Revision Dates
From: Frédéric Wronecki <frederic -dot- wronecki -at- WANADOO -dot- FR>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 15:08:11 -0700

Tom McNamara wrote:

> My suggestion:

> Each time you are faced with a minor change in a particular module,
> chapter or page, only alter the revision date on the pages being revised as
> well as on the cover page so you know that the manual is up-to-date.

I would recommend the same solution, but if the date is in the header
or footer, you can't change the date of one particular page of the section.

Similarly, if the page number is in the header or footer, you can't insert
a sequence break like "1.5a" (see Michael Loader'suggestion)
for an extra page.

Since it would be a nightmare to place dates and page numbers manually
without using headers/footers, you must consider the section as the
minimal unit for revision date, page numbering and distribution.
--
Frédéric Wronecki
France Télécom, Paris, France