Re: What would you do?

Subject: Re: What would you do?
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:04:32 U

RE>What would you do? 7/29/96

1) What is a "generic blue portfolio"?
2) Your criticisms are all reasonable, I think.
3) If I had the time, I would point these things out to the contractor just
to be helpful.

--------------------------------------
Date: 7/29/96 11:52
To: Tony Rocco
From: Susan W. Gallagher
I got a call from a local TW contracting company the other day.
I do occasionally use contractors, and sometimes my favorite
ones are too busy or the work is not within their area of
expertise, so I told this contractor to send me some information.

They sent a generic blue portfolio -- OK, not bad.

In one pocket was a letter and some sales literature printed on
8 1/2 x 11 paper. Pretty nice. Looks good. OK.

In the other pocket was a writing sample. Oh, good, I thought!

Well...

In the first sentence they use "which" without a preceeding
comma to introduce a restrictive clause. Ok, not my style,
but not the worst mistake, either.

The second paragraph is a single sentence that's 46 words long.

Still on the first page, the first sentence of the second
section says, "<productName> is build around the concept of..."
instead of "built around".

Page 2 features the sentence, "Contacts are a subset of a prospect."

Page 3 contains a bulleted list of sentence fragments, all terminated
with periods.

On the bottom of page 4, there's a space between the a and the n in
the word "can".

I just don't have the fortitude to proceed to page 5.

Are my standards really *that* unreasonably high?

Obviously, I won't be calling on these contractors any time soon.
Should I *tell* them? (Maybe I just did??? ;-) )

What would you do? Would you point these things out to them, or
just never have any business to sent their way?

I'm curious.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.