The "C" Word

Subject: The "C" Word
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:01:43 U

The "C" Word 7/30/96

Oh, no, another hellishly tedious discussion on certification. I thought we
had layed this miserable subject to rest some months ago. Maybe we should
create a certification mailing list and put all those enamored of such
discussion on it. Then we might be spared the agony I know we are going to be
subject to ad infinitum now that the "C" word has once again been broached.

--------------------------------------
Date: 7/30/96 16:42
To: Tony Rocco
From: MarcusSTC -at- AOL -dot- COM
As Paul indicated in his response to Kim's original post about Certification,
it certainly serves to bring out strong and vocal opinions on both sides (if
there are indeed only two sides). So to refuel this issue, I wish to pose the
following questions:

1. For those in favor of certification, what would you support certifying?
Writing skills? Tools-related skills? Or technical comprehension in a
specific arena (such as medical technical writing)?

2. What would serve as the governing body for such a program?

3. For those against certification, why?

Mark Hanigan