Re: PageMaker to HTML

Subject: Re: PageMaker to HTML
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:05:07 +0000

With regards to Pagemaker files being coverted to HTML, David Jones
wrote:

> If you are running Windows95, I believe MS has a (believe it or not) HTML
> printer driver somewhere on its web site (www.microsoft.com). I know nothing
> about it except that someone mentioned it in passing on another discussion
> list. If true, you could (presumably) generate HTML from any application under
> W95 that can print using that driver ...

I've tried this software (it installs as a printer driver) and it is
basically garbage. You'd be better off hand-coding your HTML.

You may want to look at going to Adobe Acrobat PDF files as an
interim solution until something better comes along, as I'm sure it
will. The Acrobat reader is free and it can be installed as a browser
plug-in for Netscape and probably Internet Explorer.

Also have you checked out the Adobe PageMill and SiteMill products?
They may provide some PageMaker compatibility, given that they are
produced by Adobe.

Best,
Keith

Keith Soltys
Technical Writer ksoltys -at- djttd -dot- com
Technical Development http://www.io.org/~ksoltys
Dow Jones Telerate Canada Inc.