Re: Word corruption fixups

Subject: Re: Word corruption fixups
From: Tiffany Crotogino Munoz <Crotogino-Munoz_Tiffany/CORP_LABS -at- CST -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:37:08 -0400

Jerolynn wrote:

> I use RoboHelp 3.0 and Word 6.0.
> I have recently suffered a Word corruption
problem wherein the resolution
> (ala Blue Sky) was finally that I saved the
helpfile document as a .txt
> file and then insert it into a new Word
document and reapply all styles,
> recreate jumps, etc.

My condolences. I, too, went through many
similar problems with the same set-up.
My solution was simply to take a somewhat
earlier version I had fortunately saved
(SourceSafe is evil, but it does have its
benefits) and redid what I had lost.

I found the problems with RoboHELP to be
constant, particularly as my files got bigger.
One thing you may want to try to avoid future
problems, is to break it down into two .DOC
files and then include both of them in the .HPJ
so that they will be compiled together into one
help file. It certainly helped to at least cut
down on the frustration I was going through.

FWIW,

Tiffany Crotogino Munoz
Technical Writer
CS&T
Montreal, QC Canada
tiffany -at- cst -dot- ca

My opinions are mine, not the company's. If they
want to share them, that's fine. If they don't,
that's fine, too.