Re: Question: graphic file naming

Subject: Re: Question: graphic file naming
From: Jon Creighton <jonc -at- CC-GATEWAY -dot- SYD -dot- HYPERTEC -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 16:00:14 EST

> Forward deleted.

Hi all,

Whenever I am involved in a project where I have to manage a lot of
illustrations (ie more than 50 or so) I name all the pictures
sequentially as they are generated (PIC0001.DRW PIC0002.DRW) and
maintain a speadsheet of the file names, a desciption of the picture,
the section where it is used and any other pertinent information. It
saves having to think up mnenomics for each and every file, which are
(ironically) usually forgotten anyhow.

Regards,

; __ "Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie
; /\ \ A fish can't whistle and neither can I.
; / \ \ Ask me a riddle and I will reply:
; / /\_\ \ Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie."
; / / /____\ Winnie the Pooh
; Jon Creighton, Technical Writer & Illustrator.
; jonc -at- hypertec -dot- com -dot- au