FW: Re: seeking graphic artist for contract work

Subject: FW: Re: seeking graphic artist for contract work
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 05:52:11 PDT

Forwarded on request
--- On Mon, 9 Sep 96 11:09:55 +0000 Richard Foley <richard -at- rfitech -dot- com> wrote:

Susan Gallagher <susan -at- livingston -dot- com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a graphic artist to redesign the covers for our manuals and
> CDs. (and possibly help develop a new look for our product packages)

> Any pointers? I've worked with tech illustrators, but never a graphic artist.

Susan,
Don't forget some technical illustrators may well be able to offer the
sort of service you're looking for, _within_ their skill base.

I believe people on this list, have made a lot out of not sticking
rigidly to their own discipline, but being _flexible_ and _able_ to cover
differing ground. Writers doing Illustrations etc.

Have you asked any of your current stock of illustrators whether any of
them have experience of Graphic Design?
I agree it's a seperate field, though with some overlap on occassion.

Good luck
Richard
richard -at- rfitech -dot- com