Copying entire posts--please stop, hmm? Pretty please?

Subject: Copying entire posts--please stop, hmm? Pretty please?
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 07:58:54 -0500

Check your email program and ask yourself--is it necessary to quote an
_entire message_ including the full header, signatures, and TECHWR-L footer
material?

To post a one-line sentence of mere support (the infamous "me too" kind
of post) in public is bad enough (these are welcome voices of support--but
they should go to the original poster privately if it's only a "me too" kind
of post) but to post something, well anything, and quote the _whole entire
message in toto_ is really too much, don't you think?

I believe people have their email programs set up to automatically quote
the entire message and don't know it. I'm thinking people don't _mean_ to
needlessly quote headers and footers--their email programs take it upon
themselves to perform this dastardly act.

Take a moment now and find out how to prevent your email program from
quoting entire messages needlessly. :) It's usually no trouble at all to
delete everything but the relevant paragraph when replying.

-- Eric (^_^)

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI