Grammar on techwr-l?

Subject: Grammar on techwr-l?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 08:51:34 -0500

Eric the List Owner has got a point. Grammar and skilled
writing is certainly important to our jobs as writers, but
it's not something that we can discuss only on techwr-l:
the copyediting-l list expressly serves this purpose.

Personally, I find the 200K+ of message per day on the
copyediting list about my limit (they just don't make
enough hours in the day), and if we added a comparable
volume to techwr-l to discuss grammar issues, I'd have to
drop this list.

Bottom line? If we must discuss grammar here, make it
appropriate to the context: what is the tech. writing
tie-in? If it's "just" a grammar question, take it to
copyediting-l. In case you're interested in getting to that
list. Send a message:
subscribe copyediting-l [your name, no brackets]
to the following address:
listproc -at- cornell -dot- edu
And prepare to be buried!