Us and Them (was Re: Writers first )

Subject: Us and Them (was Re: Writers first )
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:16:13 +0800

Betsy Perry said:
> . . .I am troubled by technical writers' practice
> of praising themselves by demeaning the engineers they work with.

> We're not good because engineers can't write; we're good because we
> *can*.

Betsy, I thought your message was excellent.

I sometimes think these threads about the failings of engineers are a
sign of tech writers' envy or a lack of confidence in our profession.

I want to be good at my job and I'm happy for engineers|scientists|
programmers to be good at theirs. I'm even happier if they're good
writers, as it makes it easier for me to be a good writer.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Pty Ltd Fax: +61 9 328 8616