Re: Documentation Plan

Subject: Re: Documentation Plan
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 11:18:48 -0700

At 12:34 PM 10/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm embarking on a 112 hour documentation project that entails a
>creature >h>h>h document type I've never had to produce before: a
>documentation plan.

Here's a sample outline. I just threw it together, so it's far from perfect.

Business requirement/objective
Project name
Project sponsors (or funding sources)
Description of business need
Development
Description of audience
Deliverables
Abstracts of documents
Outlines of documents
Description of source materials
Editing requirements/methodology
Styles
Writing (mention favorite style guide)
Graphics
Physical description (online, binding/covers/size ...)
Tools (text processing & graphics)
File management
Translation requirements
Reviews
Review objectives
Planned meeting dates
Distribution
Duplication
Method of distribution
Tracking
Maintenance
Update methods
Distribution methods
Usability testing
Project management
Resources required
Team members
Planned meetings
Schedule
Tools
Acceptance criteria

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net