Re: Tools for creating online manuals

Subject: Re: Tools for creating online manuals
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:31:31 -0700

At 12:48 PM 10/17/96 PST, you wrote:
>Some of the systems I've heard of include FolioViews, SoftQuad Explorer, HAL
>Olias, or EBT DynaText. (I'm also familiar with Microsoft Help & HTML viewers
>like Netscape Navigator, but don't think they are robust enough.)

I would produce nothing in a proprietary format. My recommendation is HTML.

I have done some wonderful things with tables and frames in HTML. Next, I'll venture into animation, sound, and video. After that, I'll be implementing electronic commerce transactions. All this for people using ... well, I don't care what they're using.

How's that for robustness?

Please excuse the sarcasm. I'm a little on the feisty side today.

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net