Re: File name or filename?

Subject: Re: File name or filename?
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:36:37 -0700

At 01:57 PM 10/18/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Although I have a personal preference for "file name", it seems that
>"filenmae" is now the more common usage.

I am somewhat of a purist. I prefer "file name" in text. When I use it as a variable name in an example, I'll do something like this:

copy <filename>.TXT c:/junk

Almost invariably, I'll use italics for <filename> as a formatting convention for variables.

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net