publisher seeks coworker

Subject: publisher seeks coworker
From: Marjan Bace <maba -at- MANNING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:19:37 -0500

Hi all,

I am new to this list and am not sure it's a good vehicle for my message,
but here goes.

We are a small computer book publisher. Our books appear under a joint
imprint with Prentice Hall and are distributed worldwide by PH. Our readers
are computer professionals--managers, engineers, programmers, hackers, etc.

We are looking for someone to work with us on a freelance basis acquiring
book authors. Most of the work would probably be online (web, newsgroups,
lists and email) and it requires someone who understands new technologies,
or can quickly learn about them, and can develop an intuition for good book
ideas and good authors.

Some of the skills for this would be learned on the job, obviously, but we
know that it takes

- comfort with computer technology
- comfort with people, on the phone and online
- ability to juggle many balls at the same time, and
- ability to judge quality
- a good detective