Re: TECHWR-L list management

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L list management
From: "Kathryn B. Swain" <sswain -at- SPRYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:29:10 -0400

Eva Thury wrote:

> I am NOT suggesting that people should never complain, but I have to say
> that I often have to remind myself that this is a hard-working bunch of
> people who may well have used all their patience in some other part of
> their lives. This makes the list not as welcoming and supportive as I would
> like. [and many other apt comments]

Hear, hear, Eva!! Now, let's just watch all the flaming of "academics" that this post
is going to bring out. There are MANY defense mechanisms at work on this list, but you
are right to send your students here. There is much to learn, and a number of the
people who post regularly have been very generous with time and advice off-line. I'll
shut up now (as is my wont) because I'm sure I've ruffled enough feathers, and I'm
quite sure I'm off-topic by now.

Kathy Swain