Screen Vibrates In Spasms

Subject: Screen Vibrates In Spasms
From: TIMMERMAN <timmerma -at- IPDLINK -dot- IPD -dot- ANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:33:55 CST

Hi All,

Jim Lindsey wrote about a virus that may have been contained in an
email attachment and a possible consequence, "... but now the screen
vibrates in spasms every few minutes." I don't know about the virus
but my screen has had spasms. The entire image would vibrate for a
few seconds every 15 seconds. Imagine working on the computer all day
long with a screen full of text that starts to shake, rattle, and
roll. Our computer guru replaced the monitor; no change. He finally
moved the monitor to different locations in my office. After trying
about four locations, he found one where the spasms were less frequent
and very minimal. I don't even notice the spasms anymore. The cause
-- environmental. There must be stray electromagnetic energy in my
office from cables buried in the floor, walls, and/or ceiling. If
anyone else has this problem, try moving your monitor to a different
spot.

Don Timmerman, dtimmerman
Sr. Tech. Writer
Argonne Nat'l. Lab.