Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?

Subject: Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?
From: David Jones <dvjones -at- KSBE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:50:06 -1000

I am forced to view it at 640x480 and 16 colors. Mr Horton's brochure
took slightly more than 2 screens. And changing NS2's font wouldn't
help much -- a major chunk of the first "screen page" was the
(otherwise nicely done) graphic ...

On 12 Nov 96 at 9:09, Peter Ring, PRC wrote:
> I think it's time to stop this nonsense. Why?

> "Screen sized websites" is a phantom! Whether it is "screen sized"
> or not depends also a lot on which browser you use, the settings of
> the browser, and your screen resolution.

> If you look at the website Keiths recommends with a Netscape 2+, set
> to 14 point Times New Roman at 1280 x 1024, then yes, it's (almost)
> screen sized. But if you change the font or the screen resolution,
> it's not screen sized any longer. Test it with 800x600: even with a
> 10 point font, it's not screen sized (it uses approx. 2 screens).

David Jones, Technical Writer
dvjones -at- ksbe -dot- edu

Thought for the day:
A penny saved is ridiculous.

DISCLAIMER:
The views described herein are the views of the author, and
do not represent the views or opinions of Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate, nor is there any approval or authorization of
this material, express or implied, by the Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate. If you suspect that any of the material in
this message or attachments thereto is in violation of a
copyright, please notify the Webmaster immediately by e-mail
at "Webmaster -at- ksbe -dot- edu".