Re: DTP Shootout

Subject: Re: DTP Shootout
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:00:21 -0800

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:11:00 +0100, Alexander Von_obert wrote:

>TA> Here we go again...Frame, PM, Word, WordPerfect (Is THAT
>TA> product still on the market?)

>Corel said they intend to re-establish WP. Considering their success of their
>business suite in the U.S. they should be able to do it.

I've not been overly impressed by previous versions of WP, but I must
say, Corel's new release really impressed me. It'll be particularly
interesting to see it written in Java.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"