Re: Hard/Soft 'G' in GIF

Subject: Re: Hard/Soft 'G' in GIF
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:50:57 -0800

Kent Dannehl wrote:

> Hi kim,

> I worked at Sun for 5 years in engineering.
> Nobody used hard G.
> There goes your inexperienced in terms of the web theory.

OK, I guess I meant (but failed to say) that the "inexperienced users" to which I was
referring are not engineers/programmers/technical types of users.

I didn't want to say that either pronunciation was incorrect. Based on my personal
experience, though, I was able to clearly categorize from what "kind" of user I had
heard each variation.

Didn't mean to offend! You know the old saying about the tomato: (phonic
spellings used for pronunciation clarity) "You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe..."

--
Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan/