Re: Dynamic HTML -- a defintion

Subject: Re: Dynamic HTML -- a defintion
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:48:49 -0700

>> My problem is that we have to build methods to handle other structures as
>> well. We have built some others, but we're wondering how many we've missed.
>> There must be some base set of objects that, given all permutations, can
>> build any HTML document needed.

>Isn't this what SGML is for and does?

HTML seems to be acquiring an independent life of its own.

BTW, this string is a bit like a group of TWs trying to write a corporate
document style guide. It can be as boring and nitpicky as heck, but you've
got to set the definitions. How do you use HTML? SGML? What is dynamic
and what is static?

The Web is just too new. If we don't set the definitions, then there's
no basis for a discussion on Web-based Technical Communication.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus