Low-cost publishing & distribution solution for technical manuals

Subject: Low-cost publishing & distribution solution for technical manuals
From: Pam Blackstone <pb -at- ISLANDNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:28:38 -0800

Hi everyone,

Just a note to let you know about a fantastic new publishing service that's
causing a lot of excitement in our neck of the woods. Trafford Publishing
provides online document publishing and delivery anywhere in the world. This
service is great for organizations that need to distribute technical,
operational, procedural, or training manuals to geographically diverse
users. (It's also perfect for anyone who aspires to see their work in print
but is turned off by the high up-front cost of traditional publishing, the
necessity for large print runs, etc. As a columnist, I am taking advantage
of this service myself to meet the demand for back issues of my columns.)

Trafford's service is unique, and entirely Internet-driven. To order your
publication, your clients simply call Trafford's toll-free line or drop by
their Web bookstore (http://www.trafford.com). Either way, they can order
the document and pay via credit card or purchase order. Then, whether it's
one copy or 100, Trafford digitally produces the document ("on-demand
printing", 600 dpi), and handles packaging, shipping, and payment processing
on your organization's behalf.

Cost-wise, this is a great solution for the budget-conscious or any company
faced with the need to profitably produce and distribute specialized
documents, internally or externally. Other than a small setup fee, there are
no upfront costs. You determine the retail price that the document will list
for. On each sale, your company receives 85% of the mark-up over wholesale
price.

As far as I'm aware, Trafford is the only company in the world offering this
type of service. You can check out their site at http://www.trafford.com.
For more information, contact Bruce Batchelor at bbatchelor -at- trafford -dot- com or
call them, toll-free, at 1-888-232-4444.
Pam Blackstone
pb -at- islandnet -dot- com

**I am not an employee of Trafford Publishing but,
as you can see, I'm obviously a big fan.**