Re: late thanks for fee advice answers

Subject: Re: late thanks for fee advice answers
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:49:25 -0500

In principle, I don't have a problem with the concept of general discussion of
pricing. I don't think this was in the mind of those that made "price-fixing"
illegal.

In addition, I also believe, in general, that the chance of someone reading
from this forum is going to use the information that they pickup as ammunition
against me is very small.

However...regarding the remark about "isn't that the whole idea of
competition?"...let's be honest -- I DON'T WELCOME OR ENCOURAGE COMPETITION
and any successful business person is going to try to avoid competition if it
is in his or her power. If you had the option of offering a service more
competitively priced (and still be profitable) than what everyone else is
offering, or to offer a service where everyone is charging the same price
requiring you to fight tooth and nail for each account,, you would chose the
former one every time..

>In reference to the thread about willingness to share info to help others out,
this list is so diverse that the chances of losing business to another writer
by sharing fee info are probably close to zero. And even if that were to happen
- isn't that the whole idea of competition?

John Posada