Re: "View Doc Source" & Netscape

Subject: Re: "View Doc Source" & Netscape
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:34:36 -0500

Option 1)Use standard keyboard shortcut keys such as CTRL-C and CTRL-V to
highlight the text, send to clipboard, switch over to a text editor and paste
it in.

Option 2) Use File|Save As to save the file on your local hard disk, then use
whatever tools you have to open the htm or html file. After all, it is only an
ascii file with ascii commands

Option 3) Use a browser to find the file that has been saved in your Netscape
Cache directory. Everything thaa you view is saved for a period of time in
that cache, including images, html files and sound files.

John Posada
Central New Jersey Employment Manager Technical Proposal Writer
Society for Technical Communication Bell
Communications Research
http://stc.org/region2/njc/ (908) 699-5839

Email: jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (work) http://www.bellcore.com
(work)
jposada -at- injersey -dot- com (personal) http://nj5.injersey.com (personal)

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a
person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
Vice President Dan Quayle 10/13/92

I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor

When I "View Document Source" of an html file from Netscape, there seems to
be no way of printing the source. There is no toolbar for this function, so I
can't save or download the file to print it later. Does anyone have any
suggestions for overriding this problem?

Dawn