Re: Checking HTML links

Subject: Re: Checking HTML links
From: Paul Nagai <paul -at- PANAGA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 23:02:23 -0800

>by hand. I found a tool called MOMspider, which traverses the links
>from a root node and reports back with results that show broken and
>redirected links. I did have to tweak it a bit to prevent it from

Dr. HTML can be used to check web pages visible to the Internet. It can
also be purchased to be run inside an Intranet:
http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/

Another commercial product:
http://www.spyglass.com/products/validator/

I think (verify verify verify) that this one is free:

Web Lint:
http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/weblint

And finally, Yahoo:

http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Data_Formats/HTML/Valid