Giving credit to med tech eds

Subject: Giving credit to med tech eds
From: d r <writeagain -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:42:30 EST

I will be doing a series of articles within the same pubilcation. On my
editorial staff will include 2 or more technical medical editors within
the same specific field. If one article was "tech-med-edited" by Dr. Joe
and the other was "tech-med-edited" by Dr.John, if I myself receive a
byline for each article, how can I differentiate between which physician
edited which piece?

Should it read something like:

Medical Issues of the Day
by D.R. Medical Editor:
Dr. Joe

or is it enough to list both in my masthead and have the public figure
out which did which? Also, is this way fair to both editors?

I thought about having both editors edit both articles but I saw that in
a technical medical journal and it got weird when they disagreed. Their
disagreements were listed, and done so in such a way as to make the
presentation look like a school project. (I take that back. I have seen
more professional looking school projects)

D.R.