Re: Insurance for Independent Contractors

Subject: Re: Insurance for Independent Contractors
From: "chris.mcgavin" <chris -dot- mcgavin -at- MCI2000 -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 09:57:52 -0700

Greg,

I recently "went independent." I found that it was most economical to use
COBRA from the health insurance plan of my previous employer. Another
option is to get health insurance through a professional society, such as
the STC. (I'm new to STC, so I don't know if they offer group plans or
not.) Health insurance is just one of the costs you'll need to work into
your pricing structure. I've heard that you should get double the amount
you got working for someone else. This should make you break even.

Good Luck!

Chris McGavin