Re: Proper Netiquette

Subject: Re: Proper Netiquette
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv -at- SATURN -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:34:06 -0500

Dennis Callaghan finds the anonymity of some posters annoying, and even
suggests that it breaches netiquette. But consider the nature of a list.
We are not a close-knit community of long-term colleagues who know each
other personally, but a collection of casual acquaintances known to
others *only* to the extent that we post. Ultimately, the only thing that
distinguishes us from a chat room is that we share a specific interest.

Try to put yourself in other people's shoes. If you have a home computer,
do your posts from it contain your home phone and address? I doubt it.
Some people feel similarly vulnerable in professional situations, with
good reason.

Chuck Brandstater
acreatyv -at- saturn -dot- net