Re: Interview questions

Subject: Re: Interview questions
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:38:55 GMT

In article <33081CF3 -at- madman -dot- tech -dot- swh -dot- lv>, Valters Feists <valter -at- tech -dot- swh -dot- lv>
writes:
|> Megan E. McMacken wrote, on Sunday, 1997. gada 16. February 13:55:
|>
|> ...one of the favorite questions of all interviewers is, "Where do
|> you see yourself in 5 years?"
|> ...My first job will greatly influence my goals for five years from
|> now.
|> ..but I feel like I'll come across poorly if I tell them, "You know,
|> I honestly have no idea where I'll be in five years..."

[...]

The primary reason employers ask this question is not so much that they
are interested in your specific ambitions (though that can sometimes be
revealing), but rather whether you are the sort of person who has at
least thought about your future a bit. Everyone lives in the present,
and presumably can react to daily pressures. However, if you are
inclined to take a long term view at all, usually the first indication
is that you have some notion of what you'd like your own future to be.

At least, when *I* ask that's why.
--
Len Olszewski My opinions; you go get your own.
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com