Re: Re[2]: TW Resumes: What to look 4?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: TW Resumes: What to look 4?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:39:48 -0800

>Dennis Callaghan wrote:
>
>> I have one question:
>> how do you feel, pro or con, about e-mailed resumes (ASCII format)? I
>> send my resume out this way exclusively (from my home e-mail, not
>> work) for reasons of cost and convenience. I also prefer to deal with
>> companies progressive enough to accept resumes this way. Do you see
>> any advantages/disadvantages to seeking employment this way?

Every time I get an e-mail resume, it comes from HR. Nobody in HR knows
how to reset output options in Eudora, so the resumes are printed in 10-
pitch courier and they wrap *really* weird and are unreadable. Sometimes,
if I'm interested enough, I'll make the effort to walk to the other end of
the building, catch the HR person in person, walk them thru the steps
of resetting the output options for their e-mail, and have them print
the resume again.

I'm not always that interested.

The changes in output options always seem to disappear before the next
resume gets printed.

So, while the *theory* is good, the practice needs improvement.

Susan W. Gallagher Manager, Technical Publications
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com Expersoft Corporation, San Diego CA
http://www.expersoft.com