linguistics article in Atlantic Monthly -Reply

Subject: linguistics article in Atlantic Monthly -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:50:57 -0800

Dear Mark,

Thanks for an article that provides a detailed tour into the
mysteries of those two crazy terms, prescriptivist and descriptivist,
and which also brings a nice introduction to related writings on
linguistics. Certainly, anyone who wants to go beyond the good
introduction you provide could use your piece to build a good
springboard into the subject.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California

>>> Mark Halpern <mhalpern -at- SCOPUS -dot- COM> - 3/3/97 10:07 AM >>>
Colleagues,

As several of you have requested, I am writing this to announce
that the March issue of the Atlantic Monthly, containing my article
on linguists and language usage, is now on the stands.

The Atlantic's forum, where the text should be posted, and where
authors and readers can discuss topics of interest, is at

http://www.theatlantic.com

Follow the links to Post & Riposte to join the melee.