Bad employers

Subject: Bad employers
From: Robert & Betty Gravlin <rbg -at- TETRANET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 22:53:32 -0500

I am trying to set up a database of who employs Technical Writers in the
St. Louis area. I suggest that each STC chapter do the same for the
area they serve. It would be nice to know who hires us as *permanent*
;-) employees, contract employees, and freelance. When I am job hunting,
this would be very helpful. I would also like to be warned before I
get myself in a job that will make me miserable. I have some horror
stories I would share. Any one who will work for one of my past
employers should be warned. For example, would you want to go on
business trips with a boss that drives 90 miles an hour? I wouldn't just
black list employers that fail to pay on time. I'd include sexual
harrassment, emotional abuse, and safety issues as well.
Betty Gravlin