Re: Learning and Contributing

Subject: Re: Learning and Contributing
From: KLShaw <KLShaw -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 08:38:12 -0700

Eric J. Ray wrote (in part):

<< What strikes me as odd is the expectation, often expressed to me or
occuring as an undertone to messages on this list, that information or
help be provided promptly and thoroughly, without question or regard for
anything else. ...I'm generally happy to help out. However, if there's
an _expectation_ that I provide information or do something in
particular, I'm likely to refuse. >>

Good point, and may I add one thought? How about saying thanks when
someone provides help? Just a minor courtesy, but certainly makes
someone who took time to respond to a query feel it was worth the
effort.

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics
KLShaw -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com