Re: Linking to other's pages

Subject: Re: Linking to other's pages
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:03:51 -0700

>Bob Medinger writes:
>Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't Ticketmaster get increased exposure
>for its service by the link? If so, why should they object? If anything,
>"Seattle Sidewalk" should charge them for the link.

=====
That was my initial reaction, also. However, what I believe to be the
gist of the complaint (after pondering it a bit) is that Seattle
Sidewalk (SS) talks up the concert and just links directly to the page
on Ticketmaster (TM) that sells the tickets for that specific concert.
Sure, TM still sells the tickets, but users via SS miss out on all the
other hype offered at the TM site that may encourage those users to buy
even more tickets (for different concerts) or merchandise (if they sell
any).

TM probably would not have griped had SS linked to the TM home page.
(But then that wouldn't be good customer service from SS if they forced
their users to traverse another site from the top just to find the page
that sold the tickets for a particular concert.)