Re: Printing bids - surprise!

Subject: Re: Printing bids - surprise!
From: Kippi Fagerlund <kippi -at- ECO -dot- TWG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:39:23 -0400

At 12:36 PM 7/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Kinko's came in cheapest! Surprise, surprise! We could have expected
>some reasonably close bids on the Docutech-type insides, but to have the
>whole project come in lowest was a real eye-opener. Has anyone else
>had an experience like this lately? Is Kinko's really getting into the
>printing business?

I regularly use the local Kinko's for printing a bi-monthly newsletter
for a non-profit I do volunteer work for; they frequently mess up the
job somehow at first when they run it. Then they give us a discount
that has ranged from 15-30% to make it up to us. We now factor more
time into the schedule, and the extra savings is nice. But rely on
them for something that's time critical? I don't think so . . . .

Kippi
--

Kippi Fagerlund
kippi -at- eco -dot- twg -dot- com