Dress Code

Subject: Dress Code
From: Sunil Gokhale <sunilg -at- PUNE -dot- TCS -dot- CO -dot- IN>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:27:06 +0530

Hi,

I have been reading the discussion on *Dress Code*. Well in our company
too, there is a set dress code - Trousers, shirt and a tie for men, while
Indian or Western formals for women.
In arguing out the need for formals, the company letter says that since
most of the clients are non-Indians, we need to pose ourselves in the
prescribed dress code.
I find that most of the non-Indians who come to our company mostly wear
casuals.
I wonder, then why impose a dress code. I can understand that one should
not wear something `shocking', but then a dress code is unnecessary.

Sunil Gokhale, Technical Communicator
Tata Consultancy Services