The Sands of Tie

Subject: The Sands of Tie
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:11:02 -0700

Notice the root cause of the two recent major whirler controversies:

Overweight, early-middle-aged caucasian males from the southwestern US

* Cannot correctly pronounce french words

* Look utterly ridiculous in a coat and tie

* Frenchmen and Legitimate Suits can tell we're faking it.

Joe: "Hey, Muriel, dooya preefer sands sair-if fonts?

Mirielle: "Non, Cher, 'ng-yeae' "

Joe: "Uhhh... 'Meer-ee-yul' "

Mirielle: "Non, ca 'ng-yeae' "

Joe: "Mng-yay!'"

Mirielle: "Feh!"

Joe: "H-h-h-fee!<whistle>"

Mirielle: <slap>

Joe: "Mary-lo, kiss-ka-say?"

Marie-Laure: <slap>

Blackhearts: "We're fakin it, it's time to admit it, you make me feel like
an idiot, it's the end: Lay yer rap on someone new..."

>From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
>Subject: Re: Sans Serif Fonts
>
>On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Tim Altom wrote:
>
>> We've experimented extensively with fonts, both serif and sans serif (which,
>> my Montreal colleagues promptly told me, is pronounced "sonz sireef").
>

>Here in lovely but wet Oregon, we pronounce it: "sands sair-if"

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid/Mac Guy
http://www.vr2link.com

Who was it that said:
"I believe the only way to get the scale of change we really need is
to focus on educating citizens so they have the principles,
the framework and the tools necessary to effect change on their own."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com -- CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.