Re: Windows help for an Oracle app

Subject: Re: Windows help for an Oracle app
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 21:33:45 -0500

----------
> From: Rebecca R Chamberlain <rebrc -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
>
> My next project is to be an online help file for an app being developed
> in Oracle. I'm using RoboHelp for Windows 3.1. The developer I'm working
> with asked me to ask if any of you have done this. He needs information
[snip]

First, this topic really isn't appropriate for this list. Second, it isn't
appropriate for a developer to ask you how to write code. He's being pretty
lazy.

However, you can ask him if he can call a library function. If so here's a
declaration of such a function, OSWinHelp, from the user32 libary. The
declaration is written in Visual Basic, but he may be able to morph it for
his use.

Private Declare Function OSWinHelp% Lib "user32" Alias "WinHelpA"
(ByVal hwnd&,
ByVal HelpFile$,
ByVal wCommand%,
dwData As Any) as Long

hwnd& is the handle of the window.
HelpFile$ is the path to the help file (.HLP).
wCommand% is a constant indicating what's passed in dwData. If he passes
0x1, that means he wants to specify the topic number for dwData.
dwData, among other things, can identify the topic number in the .HLP file.

Regards...Kris