Helpsite (Help to HTML) conversion problem

Subject: Helpsite (Help to HTML) conversion problem
From: John Trollope <John_Trollope -at- WATSONWYATT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:25:10 -0700

Hello fellow Techwhirlers. This message is being sent on behalf of my
colleague, a very nice New Zealander.

-------
HelpSite 1.5

Conversion fails on .shg file

Warning: Cannot decompile .shg file: CONF.SHG
Error: Internal error in helpc32.dll
Conversion failed

I also get these four dialog boxes complaining about invalid
.bmp/.gif/.dibs:

:1: invalid bmp image
:2: reading bmp file failed
:3: not a valid graphics image
:4: error allocating memory for DIB
:5: writing gif file failed

These actually seem to corrupted by the conversion itself. I regularly
replace them with fresh versions. (It also seems to not close the rtf at
this point; if I restart the project it will fail on the rtf, seeing it as
open.)

The help file was generated in Robohelp; I've converted others that don't
use the conf.shg shed with no problem, and am happy with the output. This
is mission critical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen_Benson -at- watsonwyatt -dot- co -dot- uk

--------

Cheers,
John Trollope

John_Trollope -at- watsonwyatt -dot- co -dot- uk

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~john.trollope/scripts/
Javascripts for technical writers and translators