TRIVIUM: Re: Help: HTML Form printing --> historical accuracy!!!

Subject: TRIVIUM: Re: Help: HTML Form printing --> historical accuracy!!!
From: Al Rubottom <arubottom -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:32:59 -0700

At 03:54 PM 9/2/97 -0700, Suzanne Maloon wrote:
>>There's this theory that only two things came out of Berkeley -- LSD and
>>UNIX. Go figure..... ;-)
and Bob Morrisette commented:
>In the interest of historical accuracy: ...

Thusly, also in said historical interest:::

LSD was discovered by Albert Hofmann at Sandoz Laboratories in 1938:
"In 1938, I produced the twenty-fifth substance in this series of lysergic
acid derivatives: lysergic acid diethylamide, abbreviated LSD-25
(Lyserg-saure-diathylamid) for laboratory usage."
[read all about it at http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/my_problem_child/ ]

It may have been popularized by some acidhdeads at Berserkly, but it
got its first & far bigger boost by Dr. Tim Leary & Richard "Ram Dass" Alpert
at Harvard in early '60s. For the record, "free speech" was not invented at
Berkeley either, but it got a lot of [bad?] press via the FSM & Savio's
antics there.

Hey, not only did I live thru the '60s, I *still* remember a great deal of it!
{{And it was great!}}

Al Rubottom
Expersoft Corporation
Tel: 619.824.4112