Re: format for technical writing portfolios

Subject: Re: format for technical writing portfolios
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 11:17:12 -0700

I do just about the same thing as far as what to include (TOC, resume,
different categories of writing); except I use a leather-bound book.
Each page is in a protective sheet. I put extra copies behind the actual
sample -- that way the interviewer can take what they want. My portfolio
isn't quite as long either (maybe 30 pages).

Chuck's method works for him and seems like a neat idea. Mine works for
me. Btw, you'd be surprised how many people are impressed by the fancy
leather binding. :-) Plus, I like it because interviewers are forced to
look at your work and can ask you questions directly about specific
projects. --Gives you added time to toot your own horn.

$0.02,
-Kathy